Building Fire Safety Assessment In Kent
A building fire safety assessment is a vitally important and complicated job. It is part of the overall fire safety management required for any premises. And whoever is the responsible person for the building is responsible for the fire safety assessment.
So, what does an assessment comprise of?
Fire Safety Assessment
The gov.uk website explains that a fire safety assessment must include the following:
- identify the fire hazards
- identify people at risk
- evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- record your finding, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
- review and update the fire risk assessment regularly
And it is highly important to note that if a business employs more than 5 people, the assessment must have a written record. During the assessment, the government advises you need to consider the following too:
- emergency routes and exits
- fire detection and warning systems
- fire fighting equipment
- the removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- an emergency fire evacuation plan
- the needs of vulnerable people, for example the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- staff fire safety training
Help With The Assessment
As a responsible building owner, landlord or employer, you could take responsibility of the assessment yourself. However, given the seriousness of fire safety management, an expert can offer help. Consequently, the government does advise as follows: “If you don’t have the expertise or time to do the fire risk assessment yourself you need to appoint a ‘competent person’ to help”.
We would of course advise any person responsible for the fire safety at least access the various FREE resources available on our website. But for complete peace of mind, we would recommend our services for your fire safety management. The government advises the use of a professional risk assessor. And that is exactly what Risk Safety Solutions offer.
Get In Touch With Us
From fire evacuation plans to fire safety protocols for all employees, we can help with every aspect of your fire safety assessment. Get in touch with us today and let our professional risk assessors take care of your fire safety management for you. Contact us on 0843 523 0410 or email us at email@example.com