1 The Policy
(1) This policy is part of the terms and conditions and policies applicable when using this website and buying from us – please read our other terms and conditions and policies. You can find our contact information on our Contact Page
(2) The provision of the website and any membership/subscription or other purchases will be reliant on information provided by you, so you are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide is accurate, correct and up-to-date and in accordance with all our terms and conditions and policies.
(3) We use our best endeavours to keep your information secure, but refer you to your obligations for keeping your username and password secure.
(4) If you have any queries about this policy or your information or you need any help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) If you object, then please do NOT register with us nor use the website or purchase from it.
(3) When you give us information about another individual or organisation, it is on the basis that they have agreed to this and that you have the right to provide and use the information in this way.
3 Personal Information
(1)(a) Unless you have entered into a separate agreement with us or the law requires us to do otherwise, then any personal information we hold will be used, for example, to identify you, fulfil orders, run the website and our business efficiently or for analysis and marketing purposes (including any third party services used). Unless agreed otherwise, personal information will only be used by us and our subsidiary or parent companies, suppliers and selected third parties, including those who perform services for us/on our behalf and, where applicable, to prevent crime.
(b) So that we can carry out the activities listed above, data, including your information, may be transferred and stored outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Whilst we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will have the same level of protection that English law requires, countries outside the EEA may not offer that same level of protection.
(2) You will be sent updates and information communications (for example about new services or offers). You can opt in or out of receiving these by emailing email@example.com
4 Non-Personal Information
(1) When you use the website, some information is also automatically logged and stored. However, this information does not identify you personally. We use this aggregate information to analyse behaviour relating to the website generally. We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties, but we do not disclose your personal information.
(2) We use your IP address to help to identify you and to gather broad demographic information, help to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the website and for security reasons, such as fraud detection.
5 Cookies and Targeted Advertising
– help us to distinguish visitors and identify whether you have used the website previously, so that we can understand your browsing habits and make the experience as meaningful to you personally as is possible and to improve the Website (analytics and performance)
– deal with the administration of the Website, to analyse and compile statistics about its use (e.g. how many users/visitors and what they viewed) and to improve it.
They are not used to read data from any hard drive and cannot retrieve information from any other cookies created by other Websites.
(2) Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally but merely recognise your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself, for example by registering with us, then you remain anonymous to us. Cookies come in two types: session-based and persistent:
(a) Session cookies exist during an internet session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer.
(b) Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser. We use persistent cookies that only we can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a website user or prior website user (as the case may be) and to track your use. We take care with security and confidentiality of information stored in persistent cookies. These cookies generally expire after 6 months.
(3) Some cookies are essential for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. Some may be essential (such as shopping cart or to prevent fraud), whilst others relate to functionality. You may be able to delete and block cookies from the website but that means that some parts of the website will not work. For information on blocking cookies refer to the instructions on your Browser which is often located under the “Tools” section. Help is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org
(4) You can delete any cookies on your computer by referring to the instructions for your file management software and/or settings to locate the file or directory that stores cookies and delete it. Help is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org
(5) You can find information about most of the cookies we use from time to time in the Cookies We Use section. However, whilst we try to provide you with up-to-date information this is a non-exhaustive list. Particularly, the third parties we work with may set cookies and whilst we have tried to identify these so you can opt out please email us if you have any queries.
(6)(a) Advertising – cookies are also used as part of advertising to deliver to you relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) and then to analyse how effective that content is.
(c) You can opt-out of the collection and use of information to provide measurement services and target advertising. Help for you to exercise your choices is available at www.aboutads.info/choices.
6 Third Parties, Associates and social media icons
(4) We also use third parties, to help process payment from you, including PayPal. They process electronic payment transactions on our behalf. Information regarding their data security policies and compliance certificates can be found on their website https://www.paypal.com/uk
7 Changing and viewing information
(1) You can change any information you provide to us by emailing us.
(2) You are entitled to ask for a copy of your information (for which we may charge a small fee); please requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we will only send this information to the current email address which we hold for you, unless you send us your full postal address and request that we send the information to you at your postal address (and we are able to verify the validity of this address).
(2) We aim to respond to any queries within 7 working days.
COOKIES WE USE ON THE WEBSITE
Cookie Name Type of Cookie What the Cookie does
Google Analytics Persistent & session These analyse use of our website by storing
cookies on a user’s computer. We receive reports about use. Google stores this information – see www.google.com/privacypolicy.html
_utma Session Anonymously identifies each user so we can identify how many different people visit over time – expires after 2 years
_utmb Session Both identify each unique visit to the website –
and _utmc expires after 30 minutes of inactivity
_utmz Session Calculates search engine traffic, ad campaigns or email link. Expires 6 months from set/update
Opt out of Google cookies at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
wordpress Session Both expire at the end of session (when you are
wordpress_ecab logged out
woocommerce Session All expire at the end of session (when you are
woocommerce_items_in_cart logged out
Twitter Persistent & session Please find out more by visiting
Facebook Persistent & session Please find out more by visiting
LinkedIn Persistent & session Please find out more by visiting
Shareoholic To share our website content – to find out more
kpq see https://www.shareaholic.com/privacy and
Bing Persistent & session To find out more see