HEALTH AND SAFETY PACKAGES
According to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, any business who has over 5 employees must have a written health and safety policy.
They must also have a Fire Risk Assessment document as well. These policies must show that you take the safety of your employees seriously. If you also take into account the safety of the general public, it demonstrates that you are a responsible business practice.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The Health and Safety policy shows that you have assessed any risks to your employees and/or the general public and that you have taken the necessary steps to protect them from harm.
Even if you don’t have 5 employees a health and safety policy will help you to prevent accidents in the workplace and keep your goods, property and anyone working for you safe.
The policy should be set out so that it is clearly understood by all your employees. It does not have to be particularly lengthy, but it must be clear. It should name the people responsible for the safety aspects in your company, there might be a team of safety officers in a large company, or only one person in a small firm.
Take advantage of the health and safety advice we can give you with an annual retainer service – contact us for a free quote.
This affordable health and safety service means we can also assist you with pre-qualification questionnaires for individual clients or for national schemes, such as Safe Contractor. You can use the details of Risk Safety Service’s qualifications and experience when tendering for contracts.
- A Health and Safety Policy Document tailored to your needs
- A useful health and safety manual for employees to read, together with any forms and templates.
- A regular health and safety newsletter so that all staff are aware of new legislation and useful hints and tips about safety issues
- General Risk Assessments
- Telephone and email advice
- Risk Safety Service become your competent person (as required by law) to meet legislation requirements\